Top Posts & Pages
- Star Wars and the History of Vatican II
- The Hokey Pokey Is What It's All About
- Through my fault, through my fault, through my most grievous fault
- The Secret Name of Rome ... Maybe
- The Only Good Thing A Protestant Has Ever Written ... Maybe
- Permaculture - the sustainable farm of the future?
- A few (very peaceful) days at Clearcreek Monastery
- Monastic Life: A Life Without Choices?
Monthly Archives: April 2012
Over Easter I spent a few very peaceful days at Clearcreek monastery in Oklahoma. Clearcreek is one of the only (the only?) traditional Benedictine monasteries in the United States. They are an offshoot of the Solesmes congregation, which was founded in … Continue reading
Being a major amateur “camera user” and “Final Cut Editor” I produced this low-key promotional video for my college in 2007. I revisited it just recently after these several years and noticed that practically no one has viewed it (in … Continue reading
Someday, I’m going to come out with a good post. The one I’m working on is going to take a million/billion years … so until then, I have the proverbially entertaining YouTube video distraction tactic to throw at you, in … Continue reading
Anthony Hopkins (the actor who played “Hannibal Lector” in The Silence of the Lambs … the serial killing cannibal genius, voted the greatest movie villain of all time in many official “lists”) was driving one day in California and randomly … Continue reading