Top Posts & Pages
- Mary Poppins and the Blessed Virgin Mary
- The Hokey Pokey Is What It's All About
- Star Wars and the History of Vatican II
- Not that anyone is reading this blog anymore ... but ...
- Permaculture - the sustainable farm of the future?
- Through my fault, through my fault, through my most grievous fault
- A few (very peaceful) days at Clearcreek Monastery
- Death - the great perspective maker
Monthly Archives: February 2012
The outrageous but bizarrely supportable thesis statement that I lay before you is this: Mary Poppins symbolizes the Blessed Virgin Mary. Specifically, it is about the Mother of God’s spiritual motherhood of humanity and her occasional “pop-ins” into this world, … Continue reading
The great English writer G.K. Chesterton once wrote: “The family is the test of freedom; because the family is the only thing that the free man makes for himself and by himself.” But if what Chesterton says is true, then … Continue reading
In a gorgeous article over at the TheCatholicThing (which I urge you to read in full) Anthony Esolen talks about a concert he attended this past summer with the world-renowned Celtic fiddler Natalie McMaster and her husband Donnell Leahy. The … Continue reading
As I finish preparing for my next worthwhile post, I’ll throw this thoroughly worthless bit hogwash at you. Just as I’ve “shown” the Anti-Catholic origins of the “Hokey Pokey” (see previous post), so also have I suspected for a long … Continue reading