Top Posts & Pages
- Star Wars and the History of Vatican II
- The Hokey Pokey Is What It's All About
- Through my fault, through my fault, through my most grievous fault
- The Secret Name of Rome ... Maybe
- The Only Good Thing A Protestant Has Ever Written ... Maybe
- Permaculture - the sustainable farm of the future?
- A few (very peaceful) days at Clearcreek Monastery
- Monastic Life: A Life Without Choices?
Monthly Archives: December 2011
A couple years ago I decided to start keeping a list of all the books that I read. I don’t know why I hadn’t thought of it before, and now that I am keeping such a list, I am glad … Continue reading
A lot of people are mad about the new translation of the Roman Catholic Mass. For my part, I have always had a phobia of debates about liturgical arcana, which somehow seem to sap the vitality of my liturgical fervor … Continue reading
Christmas isn’t quite what it used to be, is it? And I’m not referring the usual laundry list of grievances that makes us religious fundamentalist extremists (i.e. Christians) seriously ponder setting up a utopian commune on a deserted Mediterranean island: … Continue reading
You know how sometimes you think you know something, but then you discover that you didn’t really know it, you just thought you did? Is that too vague? Here’s an example: I always thought I knew that It’s a Wonderful … Continue reading
I just learned that Christopher Hitchens has passed away on December 15. Apparently, he was struggling with cancer. I was completely unaware. God rest his soul. For one reason or another, I have always been attracted to “the new atheists.” … Continue reading
I was planning to get a masterpiece done this weekend … not going to happen. I also have this list upon which I’ve written many a profound thing. Such items I plan to expand into something that resembles words. But … Continue reading